It is always better to plan ahead when you need to replace your furnace. Here are some signs that your furnace may need replacing:
- Your furnace is older than 15 years.
- Your utility bills are on the rise.
- Your furnace requires frequent and costly repairs.
- Your furnace couldn’t maintain the temperature you set
Modern furnaces are more energy-efficient and provide better heating in your entire home. New furnaces operate more quietly and use less gas, saving you money long-term.
Contact us for Your new furnace installation.
When it comes to furnace installation, the quality of your contractor plays the largest role in the long-term reliability of your furnace. Many poor or incorrect installations by unqualified contractors pose a risk to health or safety. During one extreme case, the furnace caught on fire due to improper installation and damaged the entire house. If your Carrier furnace is installed by an unauthorized dealer, the warranty will be voided.
Our technicians are NATE-certified and adhere to the code in all jobs that they do. When an installation is unusual or complex, we take time to design a solution. We offer professional furnace installation services in the Greater Toronto Area that can provide you with the following benefits:
- Better heating Performance
- Enhanced safety
- Fewer repairs
- Warranty coverage and registration
- Greater post-installation service
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Book your pressure-free in-home consultation by phone or email;
- Meet your home comfort expert: Instant detailed digital quote (with no hidden costs) direct to your email inbox;
- Hassle-free furnace installation: Carrier® President’s Award-winning NATE-certified installation services;
- We handle paper work for rebate and warranty registration;
- Join Service Membership: Easy service with our secure cloud-based customer records platform.
Carrier Furnace Installation
Comfort means more than just the temperature. It means you chose the right HVAC contractor to install the right air conditioner for your needs. High Efficiency has served the GTA residents for over 15 years. We are proud to partner with Carrier – the inventor of modern air conditioners and a leading name in the HVAC industry. As a Carrier President’s Award winner and Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we are experts in our field. We provide 24/7 support, same-day service, upfront pricing, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Furnace Repair & Maintenance
Welcome to Toronto’s most trusted HVAC contractors for furnace repair. We pride ourselves on our transparency, providing clear cost comparisons for repair versus replacement.
Our honesty sets us apart, as we prioritize effective, quick, and inexpensive repairs over unnecessary replacements. With our dedicated service team available 24/7 for emergency repairs and technicians equipped to handle most repairs on the spot, we’re here to provide you with reliable and efficient service.
Call 905 307 2988 for repair, tune-up, or maintenance requests in GTA.
We are the best heating repair company to call when your furnace isn’t working properly or at all. These are some of the most common reasons for a furnace failure and some basic troubleshooting tips before you make your service call.
Furnace does not blow air
- Check circuit breaker is not tripped, If it is, push it back to the ON position. Do not keep resetting it if it keeps tripping. This indicates a bigger problem with your furnace.
- Check the furnace wall switch,
- Check the thermostat is functional and set to “Heat”
- Check the vents, and make sure the supply vents (the ones that push warm air out) didn’t close accidentally. The return vents (those that pull cold air from your house) are not blocked by anything.
Furnace blows cool air
- Check the thermostat is set to “Heat”,
- Check the filter, a dirty filter restricts airflow and can lead to furnace problems,
- Check the gas is on
- Sometimes restarting your furnace may solve the issue.
Generally, if your furnace is older than 10 years, it might be on its way out, so it might be time to replace it.
After you’ve gone through the above basic troubleshooting and your furnace is still not working, call High Efficiency for professional diagnosis and repair service.
Call for furnace service if you notice any of the following issues:
- Utility Bills Spike: If your utility bills spike suddenly, your heater may have lost efficiency and is working harder than before.
- Unusual Noises: A banging or rattling sound indicates that something is wrong with your furnace.
- Unusual Smells: Gas leaks can cause unusual smells, and they are dangerous.
- Frequent Cycling: It’s normal for your furnace to turn on more often during the oldest days, but it shouldn’t turn on and off rapidly. Short cycling may be a sign of a big problem.
Please contact us if you notice any of these problems or any others. Our highly trained technicians will inspect your heating equipment and advise you whether it should be repaired or replaced. We will never attempt to pressure or upsell. We offer our professional opinion to protect your long-term finances and comfort.
We service all Major types and Brands of Heaters.
- Clean Flame Sensor
- Check Furnace Safeties (Pressure Switch, High Limit Roll Out, etc)
- Inspect Furnace Venting (Intake and Exhaust)
- Perform AMP Draws on Blower & Inducer Motors
- Measure Temperature Rise between the Supply and Return Air
- Clear Condensate Tubing
- Check Air Filter Condition
- Inspect Thermostat
- Confirm Proper System
- Health and safety for your family: Gas leaks, exposed wiring, carbon monoxide,and refrigerant leaks pose dangers to your family. Regular furnace maintenance can prevent these problems from happening.
- Prevent costly repair calls: In our experience, over 60% of repair calls can be prevented through preventative maintenance. Furnaces often break down on the coldest days of the year, these days are the busiest time for HVAC companies. You can expect to wait for days before a qualified service contractor responds to your service call.
- Save on your utility bills by keeping your furnace operating at peak performance
- Extend the lifespan of your furnace
- Maintain your manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturers usually require regular maintenance as part of their warranty policies.
An HVAC system that is properly maintained will use 20-30% less energy than one that is not maintained, making HVAC tune-Ups a great investment. As a result, tune-Up costs can be offset by reduced energy costs, avoiding costly repairs and premature heating system replacement.
Annual heating maintenance are covered under our Service Membership Program.
Although most furnaces last between 10 and 15 years, regular maintenance and tune-ups will ensure they perform at their best. Here are a few easy and inexpensive things you could do.
- Replace or clean the air filter regularly: Air filters prevent dirt, dust, pet hair, and other debris from entering your HVAC system. A clogged filter reduces airflow into the furnace, causing overheating and forcing the furnace to shut off. Keep your filters clean and changed every three months for maximum effectiveness.
- Check the flue: Be sure to check it regularly, especially after a storm, to ensure it is ventilated well.
- Correctly set your room’s temperature: Our standard recommendation is to set your room’s temperature at 21-22’C to be comfortable and to keep the utility bills low. The main concern in the winter is dryness. Always use a humidifier.
- Don’t block the vents: Be sure nothing is blocking the vents, such as furniture or boxes. A blocked vent prevents the furnace from receiving enough air, causing it to overheat and shut off.
- Call professionals for furnace tune-up: A professional can identify potential problems that may grow into a bigger problem if left unattended.
Tankless water heaters or on-demand water heaters heat the water directly as it passes through the pipes, without the need for a large tank to store hot water. The advantage of this system is that it produces hot water at consistent temperatures and virtually endlessly. Despite the higher initial cost of installing a tankless water heater, the energy savings from not constantly heating water adds up quickly. Nowadays, more and more homeowners are choosing to install tankless water heaters due to the following advantages:
- Consistent water temperature
- Instant and endless hot water supply
- Energy savings
- Saves space
- Low maintenance
Contact High Efficiency to Install a Tankless Water Heater.
Your tankless water heater is not working well? We can help too. Contact us for a tankless water heater service.
Do you know that your tankless water heater can last for more than 15 years with proper maintenance? Flushing is the most thorough way to ensure optimal performance and efficiency while significantly reducing the chance of common problems like overheating and fluctuating hot water supply from happening.
Manufacturers of tankless water heaters recommend flushing the mineral deposits at least once a year, or more often if you live in an area with hard water.
You can flush your tankless unit by yourself by following the step-by-step guide.
Or, you can allow our professional technicians to take care of this hassle for you.
Tankless Water Heater
Have you ever experienced the water getting cold when taking a shower?
Does your family has to wait for the water to heat up in the water tank before taking a hot bath?
Most of us have experienced this with a traditional hot water tank. Thanks to the advancement in technology, this has changed. With a tankless water heater installed, you can enjoy an endless supply of hot water.
Hot Water Tank
Replace your Hot Water Tank and save 15-50% with an energy-efficient Hot Water Tank.
Water heating amounts to nearly 20% of a home’s energy costs. The average life expectancy of a Hot Water Tank is approximately 16 years. A new 55-gallon Hot Water Tank may cut your utility bills by as much as 25 to 50%.
Hot Water Tanks today are more energy efficient than ever before. Older tanks result in poor performance and high energy costs, especially for Toronto homes with hard water, which can be tougher on Hot Water Tanks.
Getting the right Hot Water Tank for your home has never been easier. Our professional installation team will remove your existing Hot Water Tank and install your new Hot Water Tank.