Furnace Maintenance Service
Furnace Maintenance Service
You would never let years pass before changing the oil in your car. The same is true for your HVAC system. Keeping your furnace in excellent working order requires regular tune-ups and maintenance from a trained technician.
High Efficiency offers the heating and cooling system maintenance service in the Great Toronto Area! You can trust our experienced technicians to tune up your furnace before another cold winter.
Get a Free Quote
What Does a Furnace Tune-Up Include?
- Clean Flame Sensor
- Check Furnace Safeties (Pressure Switch, High Limit Roll Out, etc)
- Inspect Furnace Venting (Intake and Exhaust)
- Perform AMP Draws on Blower & Inducer Motors
- Measure Temperature Rise between the Supply and Return Air
- Clear Condensate Tubing
- Check Air Filter Condition
- Inspect Thermostat
- Confirm Proper System
Why Is Furnace Maintenance Important?
- Health and safety for your family: Gas leaks, exposed wiring, carbon monoxide,and refrigerant leaks pose dangers to your family. Regular furnace maintenance can prevent these problems from happening.
- Prevent costly repair calls: In our experience, over 60% of repair calls can be prevented through preventative maintenance. Furnaces often break down on the coldest days of the year, these days are the busiest time for HVAC companies. You can expect to wait for days before a qualified service contractor responds to your service call.
- Save on your utility bills by keeping your furnace operating at peak performance
- Extend the lifespan of your furnace
- Maintain your manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturers usually require regular maintenance as part of their warranty policies.
An HVAC system that is properly maintained will use 20-30% less energy than one that is not maintained, making HVAC tune-Ups a great investment. As a result, tune-Up costs can be offset by reduced energy costs, avoiding costly repairs and premature heating system replacement.
Annual heating maintenance are covered under our Service Membership Program.
Although most furnaces last between 10 and 15 years, regular maintenance and tune-ups will ensure they perform at their best. Here are a few easy and inexpensive things you could do.
- Replace or clean the air filter regularly: Air filters prevent dirt, dust, pet hair, and other debris from entering your HVAC system. A clogged filter reduces airflow into the furnace, causing overheating and forcing the furnace to shut off. Keep your filters clean and changed every three months for maximum effectiveness.
- Check the flue: Be sure to check it regularly, especially after a storm, to ensure it is ventilated well.
- Correctly set your room’s temperature: Our standard recommendation is to set your room’s temperature at 21-22’C to be comfortable and to keep the utility bills low. The main concern in the winter is dryness. Always use a humidifier.
- Don’t block the vents: Be sure nothing is blocking the vents, such as furniture or boxes. A blocked vent prevents the furnace from receiving enough air, causing it to overheat and shut off.
- Call professionals for furnace tune-up: A professional can identify potential problems that may grow into a bigger problem if left unattended.