Ductless Mini-Split System
Ductless Mini-Split System Installation and Repair Service in the Great Toronto Area
No ductwork? Hot or cold spots? No problem! Ductless has got you covered.
- There is no ductwork in the house.
- For the cooling and heating of a new addition
- One single room in the house is hot or cold
Benefits of a Ductless Mini-Split AC system
Compared to traditional AC systems, ductless mini-splits have the following benefits:
- Flexibility: While heat pumps and central air conditioners force cold air through ducts, mini-split systems deliver warm and cool air directly to specific zones in the house. These systems are also easier and faster to install since they do not require ductwork.
- Lower Utility Cost: Unlike traditional systems that operate in a stop-and-start cycle, these mini-splits operate continuously and save up to 40% more energy! Additionally, you only need to heat or cool the needed room rather than the entire house.
- Improved Air Quality: The multi-stage filtration of ductless systems drastically reduces the amount of dust, bacteria, allergens, and other particles in the air.
To find out more about how ductless heating and air system can benefit you, call High Efficiency for a consultation.
Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Repair Service
If you are experiencing the following problems with your ductless AC, you should consult a professional:
- Not responding
- A rise in the hydro bill
- The airflow is not cold enough
- Excessive condensation, ice build-up, or freezing of the coil
- Signs of condensate/water leakage from or near the indoor unit
- No airflow or reduced airflow from the indoor unit
- New or unusual sounds coming from the indoor or outdoor units
When you need quick, effective ductless mini-split air conditioner repair, you can count on High Efficiency’s professional service. Our NATE-certified technicians are trained and equipped to fix your ductless mini-split AC.
Do Mini Splits Need Annual Maintenance?
Like your car, maintaining a mini-split unit well will help it deliver the comfort you expect more efficiently and for many more years. We recommend an annual clean-and-check service by an HVAC professional.
When we called for ductless mini-split system tune-up and cleaning, here is what we do:
- Inspect, clean, or replace the air filters.
- Clean removable parts and the fan.
- Clean the indoor coil with a commercially available coil cleaner, followed by a light rinse.
- Clean the outdoor coil, possibly with a coil cleaning solution, and rinse.
- Inspect all other system components, including the mounting hardware, electrical connections, and refrigerant lines.
- Check for a refrigerant leak.
As a homeowner, you can do the following mini-split cleaning. But Keep in mind, your safety should be your number one priority.
- Clean the indoor unit periodically to keep dirt and dust from accumulating
- Check and clean the indoor unit’s air filter every 4-6 weeks. Turn off the system before opening the cabinet.
- With the power off, clean the inside of the cabinet.
- Inspect the outdoor unit periodically – remove accumulated leaves and other debris from the base of the cabinet,
You can use a garden hose to clean the coils on the outdoor unit when the power is off – do not use a high-pressure nozzle. Be sure that the unit is completely dry before turning it back on.
Types of ductless systems
- Ductless air conditioner: used only in the summer to provide complete home comfort efficiently and quietly.
- Ductless heat pump: works as a Ductless Air Conditioner in the summer but also delivers excellent heating performance even when the outdoor temperature plummets to -25ºC.
Single-zone & multi-zone
Single zone: connects a single outdoor unit to a single indoor unit. Ideal for heating a room that doesn’t have access to duct-work.
Multi zone: one or more indoor units connect to a single outdoor unit to provide comfort across multiple rooms. Unlike a central system, a multi-zone system can sense and regulate temperature for customized comfort in each zone.
- Mitsubishi Mr. Slim ductless air conditioner
- Mitsubishi Mr. Slim ductless heat pump
- Gree Lomo ductless heat pump
Mitsubishi Electric’s latest ductless air conditioning technology comes in the
form of their Mr. Slim “M” Series where function meets innovation.
• Cools up to 34,600 BTUH
• SEER rating of up to 21.0
• Operates at as low as 19 decibels
Mitsubishi Electric’s Mr. Slim’s MSZ indoor wall-mounted ductless
heat pump delivers reliable heating and cooling all year round.
• Up to 30,000 BTUHs of heating and cooling power
• SEER rating of up to 21.0
• Heats at temperatures as low as -20ºC
Looking for a more economical alternative? Gree’s Lomo ductless
heat pump delivers reliable and energy efficient comfort.
• Up to 24,000 BTUH of heating and cooling power
• SEER rating of 16.0.
• G10 Inverter Technology maximizes comfort while minimizing energy consumption