Air Conditioner Tune-Up Service
Air Conditioner Tune-Up Service
Air conditioners are complex machines, and like other machines, they work better and last longer if they are well-maintained. As you change the oil in your car to improve fuel efficiency and prevent breakdowns, you should maintain your air conditioner to ensure optimum performance and long life.
High Efficiency offers the heating and cooling system maintenance service in the Great Toronto Area! You can trust our experienced technicians to tune up your air conditioner before another hot summer.
What Does an AC Tune-Up Include?
- Check Condenser Coil (Clean as Required)
- Check Compressor and Condenser Fan Motor Performance
- Check Furnace Blower Motor Performance
- Check Air Flow Performance (Adjust as Required)
- Check System Refrigerant Charge
- Inspect Capacitors, Relays, and Contactors
- Inspect Low Voltage Controls, Safeties, and Wiring
- Inspect and Clean the Drain System
- Check Air Filter Condition
- Clean Outdoor coil
- Inspect Thermostat
- Confirm Proper System Operation
Why Is Air Conditioner Maintenance Important?
- Health and safety for your family: A professional checks electrical, exhaust fumes, and refrigerants before the summer.
- Prevent emergency repair calls: In our experience, over 60% of repair calls can be prevented through preventative maintenance. It is usually the hottest day of the year when your AC breaks down, so not only do you pay more, but you also have difficulty finding a qualified HVAC company for repair, as all companies are busy.
- Keep your AC operating at peak efficiency to save on your utility bills.
- Extend the lifespan of your air conditioner.
- Maintain your manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturers usually require regular maintenance as part of their warranty policies.
Regular AC maintenance will save you money in the long run with lower repair costs, less aggravation, and more efficient operation.
Annual cooling maintenance are covered under our Service Membership Program.
Although most air conditioners last between 10 and 15 years, regular maintenance and tune-ups will ensure they perform at their best. Here are a few easy and inexpensive things you could do.
- Replace or clean the air filter regularly: Air filters prevent dirt, dust, pet hair, and other debris from entering your HVAC system. The airflow into the AC is reduced when the filter is clogged, which might cause ice to build up. Keep your filters clean and changed every three months for maximum effectiveness.
- Check the drain line: Condensation from your air conditioner drains through the drain line. Algae and debris can clog the drain line over time. Clean the drain line with bleach when you change your air filters. Remove obstruction with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Correctly set your room’s temperature: Our standard recommendation is to set your room’s temperature at 21-22℃ to be comfortable and to keep the utility bills low. The main concern in the summer is humidity. By removing both heat and humidity from indoor air, your AC system keeps you comfortable.
- Don’t block the vents: Be sure there is nothing blocking the vents, such as furniture or boxes. When there is insufficient airflow to the HVAC system due to blocked vents, ice can build up.
- Call professionals for ac tune-up: They know what to look for and can identify problems that could negatively affect the system down the road.